I just finished Marisol's book. It was the first LE girl book I've read, and I really liked it. I had a lot in common with Marisol, like living in a city, not having siblings, and loving dance and cats, so I enjoyed it also because of that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The book had a definite individual tone--it's a little hard to explain [img]wink.gif[/img] --that I didn't find in the historical AG books, such as perspective, metaphors, etc. The language the characters used was very realistic. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

The Marisol in the book strikes me as different from the doll. I'm not sure the Marisol in the book would wear something as elaborate as her meet outfit (although I love that outfit). Also, her folklorico skirts are referred to many times as her most prized possessions, so I don't know why they chose to make the jazz outfit instead of the skirts. [img]frown.gif[/img] (It's mentioned that she took jazz briefly over the summer, and liked the boas). The tap outfit is also mentioned briefly, but there's an illustration of Marisol wearing it which is nice. The trunk, ballet class (outfit), cat (Rascal) and dance bag are all important. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I really enjoyed the book! I won't give too much of the story away. I think even if you don't have Marisol it's cute. A little predictable, but not to the point of annoying. [img]wink.gif[/img] Enjoy...and feel free to add more reviews!!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 30, 2004 07:23 PM: Message edited by: AG*dancer* ]</font>